Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Today's Art Project!

Or In other words… Today’s “Mommy you don’t know what you are talking about” Moment.

Evan is in Kindergarten now. He is learning so much. Letters, words, drawing objects, labeling objects etc.. I am so proud of him, he has come along way. He is the kind of kid that loves to do homework (especially loving this part since I know in a few years it will be a dreaded battle). He also loves art. He is constantly drawing things. I find little creations all over the house.
This was today’s….



Yes…. I KNOW!!!

So I called my little Picasso into the kitchen and seated him at the table where he left this recent and oh so visual creation. A minor version of how the conversation would ensue began in my head. I was prepared for his answer of course to be loaded with way too much information. I did however have to admire his design. It was large and well shaped. Proving my theory that even at the tender age of 5, they are obsessed with this part of their body and on some occasions feel the need to brag.

Bracing myself I asked the question….”What’s this Evan?”
“Oh, that…..” he said with his super slick and evil (okay cute) grin.

Here we go… I thought…Things to draw and not draw… Insert proper penis speech here… Please oh please tell me he didn’t draw something like this in school…..
“That is the world’s largest tongue!” He replied.
“A tongue?” I repeated, hearing the sound of a record scratch go off in my head.
“Yeah I will show you.” He took the paper and held it up to his mouth while I sat there utterly speechless.
“See?  It's a big tongue."
"Yes I see." I replied still a bit shocked but could feel a whoosh of relief come over me. 
"What made you want to draw a big tongue?" I asked him.
"My brain."  He replied casually.
"Can I go play now?”
“Uhhhh…..okay.” Was all I could muster.

It is not often I am dumbfounded. I sat there by myself, smirking as I watched him go play outside. He was (for now) still my innocent little boy.

I, however, turned out to be the work in progress.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!

    (Now get your mind out of the gutter!!!) : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...